HOUSE TRAILER FIRE IN EASTBROOK TRAILER PARK YESTERDAY CAUSES SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE PDF Print
Friday, 04 January 2013 07:41

The Glasgow Fire department responded at 5:03 pm Thursday afternoon to a house trailer on Fire at 1104 Columbia Ave lot 44 of the Eastbrook Trailer Park. Upon arrival firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the trailer. The Fire was quickly knocked down.  While the Fire was being extinguished firefighters were told of a couple of pets that were still inside. A pet snake was found alive and removed by firefighters, but a cat died. The owner was home at the time of the Fire and told firefighters that he was working on tbe furnace blower when a natural gas leak developed and a spark set off the Fire which severely damaged the home and contents. The damage estimate was around $7,000 dollars. No other injuries were reported. Firefighters were on scene around 1 hr and 52 minutes. The Red Cross was called to the scene for assistance, along with Barren Metcalfe County EMS and Glasgow Police department.

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

60°
15°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 39%
Sat
Clear
45 | 73
7 | 22
Sun
Sunny
50 | 76
10 | 24