GLASGOW FIRE DEPARTMENT CALLED OUR EARLY TUESDAY MORNING PDF Print
Wednesday, 13 March 2013 07:44

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire just before 5am on Tuesday at 223 Bryan Street.  The caller told 911 that there was smoke coming from the vents.

When firefighters arrived there was a small amount of smoke visible.   Upon investigating by the Glasgow Fire Department it was determined that an electric motor had quit working and had put out some smoke. No fire was found.

Firemen were on the scene around 20 minutes and no injuries were reported.

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

60°
15°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 39%
Sat
Clear
45 | 73
7 | 22
Sun
Sunny
50 | 76
10 | 24