APARTMENT FIRE ON FRIDAY ON EAST MAIN PDF Print
Monday, 08 April 2013 10:25

On Friday, The Glasgow Fire Department responded at 7:30 to 609 East Main st for a reported apartment on fire. On arrival firefighters found that the Fire was out. Upon investigation it was found that the person renting the apartment was using a can of expanding foam to seal some holes where the wall meets the floor next to a natural gas water heater. The foam and the vapors are flammable so when the vapors reached the pilot light it ignited which set off a flash fire. The resulting flash Fire caught the foam on Fire and then some paper. A neighbor who lived in An apartment next door used a Fire extinguisher to try and extinguish the Fire also. The damage was minor and firefighters were on the scene around 50 minutes. Firefighters want you to use caution whenever you are  using any product that produces flammable vapors to make sure that no open flames or heat sources are nearby.

 

WCLU Weather

52°
11°
°F | °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 55%
Sun
Rain
53 | 61
11 | 16
Mon
AM Showers/Wind
31 | 54
0 | 12