GAS CAN EXPLOSION LAST NIGHT IN GLASGOW PDF Print
Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:09

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to 105 Withers Street at 8:30 pm, on 6/11/2013 to a report of a gas can explosion with the patient suffering burns. Upon arrival it was found that a person was pouring Diesel on a fire out of a gas can when the can ignited. The can was still on fire and was extinguished by firefighters. The patient was treated on the scene and transported to T. J. Hospital by Barren Metcalfe County EMS. The extent of injuries is unknown as of present time. There was no damage amount given and no other injuries were reported. Firefighters were on the scene around 15 minutes.

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

69°
20°
°F | °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 39%
Fri
Partly Cloudy
48 | 67
8 | 19
Sat
Sunny
46 | 75
7 | 23