FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONDS TO SMALL FIRE YESTERDAY AT NCS PDF Print
Tuesday, 20 August 2013 06:38

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the break room at NCS

Healthcare 835 North L. R Wells Blvd. at 1:16pm. On arrival firefighters found that

there had been a fire in a trash can but had been removed to the outside of the

building and extinguished by using a portable fire extinguisher. The fire was

started when a cigarette butt that was thought to be out was placed in a bag and

discarded in the trash can. Damage was limited to the trash bag and contents.

Employees with NCS were credited with quickly finding and removing the trash can bag

and contents. Firefighters were on the scene around 10 minutes. No injuries were

reported.

 

 

 

This is National Public Safety Telecommunications Week- Today we are patting on the back the “Unseen First Responders”. Beverly Harbison and employees- Julie Greer, April Dunbar, Dennis Hatcher, Laura Lee Williams, Amy Houchin, Colleen Hamilton, Schelly Vance, Pan Lyons, Jim Spears, Lisa Shirley, Teresa Bull, Alison Burton, Matthew Vaughn, Bill Ekhardt, Bill Shoopman, Kathy Tyree, Joe Perry, Joann Eaton.

WCLU Weather

47°
°F | °C
Fair
Humidity: 68%
Sun
Mostly Sunny
51 | 77
10 | 25
Mon
Partly Cloudy
57 | 77
13 | 25