HOUSE FIRE DESTROYS HOME; FUND SET UP FOR FAMILY WITH 9 CHILDREN PDF Print
Monday, 09 December 2013 09:57

A tragic Sunday morning house fire has left a family homeless.  North Metcalfe Firemen were called at 9 am yesterday to a home off of the Hiseville Center Road.  Amos Borntreger, his wife and their 9 children were at home.  No injuries were reported.  North Metcalfe Fire Chief Gary Fancher told WCLU News the family heated with wood heat, and the  fire ignited near the wood heater and  quickly burned out of control.  Borntreger ran a long distance to call the fire department, and Fancher says it was too far out of control once they arrived.  The family lost their home and everything in it.  A monetary account for the Amos Borntreger family has been set up at Edmonton State Bank.  You can make contributions at any ESB location… Hiseville firemen assisted North Metcalfe at the scene.  Firemen were on the scene for about 2 hours.

 

WCLU Weather

61°
16°
°F | °C
Cloudy
Humidity: 81%
Sun
Partly Cloudy/Wind
57 | 60
13 | 15
Mon
AM Showers/Wind
32 | 57
0 | 13