GLASGOW FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPOND REPORTED APARTMENT FIRE ON PARK AVENUE PDF Print
Saturday, 14 December 2013 06:26

According to Glasgow Fire Chief Tony Atwood, late Thursday afternoon, the Glasgow Fire department responded 309 park Ave. to a report of a apartment fire. When firefighters arrived they found that there had been a fire in the kitchen, but was out. Firefighters set up a positive pressure fan to remove the smoke from the apartment.

The apartment was rented by Amber Wilson and the fire was caused by a pan of cooking oil that on the stove. All occupants had escaped the apartment upon the arrival of firefighters. One person was seen by the Barren Metcalfe EMS for possible smoke inhalation, but was not transported.  There were no other injuries reported and firefighters were on the scene just over 45 minutes.

 

Glasgow Fire Department would like to thank Barren Metcalf EMS as well as the Glasgow Police department for assisting at the scene.

 

Who's Online

We have 761 guests online

Today is David Burnett Day!!

WCLU Weather

84°
28°
°F | °C
Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Thu
Heavy Thunderstorms
67 | 79
19 | 26
Fri
Scattered Thunderstorms
64 | 78
17 | 25