KENTUCKY STATE POLICE REMIND MOTORISTS TO "FINISH STRONG" IN 2013 PDF Print
Saturday, 28 December 2013 05:16

As the end of 2013 approaches, Kentucky State Police Post 3 Bowling Green is reminding motorists to “Finish Strong” in 2013.  The Commonwealth of Kentucky is on course to finish out the year with the lowest number of highway fatalities since 1947.

Kentucky State Police contributes this reduction in fatalities not only to enforcement and education, but to citizens who are making smart choices wearing seat belts, being alert and attentive, slowing down, and utilizing a designated driver when alcohol is involved.

In 2006 seat belt usage in Kentucky was at 67.2% and currently stands at 85%.  The agencies hope is that the remaining 15% will make it their New Year’s Resolution to wear a seatbelt and to remember to “Buckle Up, Every Time, and Every Trip.”

As part of the “Finish Strong” campaign Kentucky State Police will be utilizing the hash tag #FinishStrongKy on our social media sites.

 

Kentucky State Police Post 3 will also be utilizing Directed Patrols and Safety Checkpoints.  The following is a list of Safety Checkpoint locations:

 

WCLU Weather

39°
°F | °C
Cloudy
Humidity: 68%
Sun
Partly Cloudy
36 | 46
2 | 7
Mon
Partly Cloudy
50 | 58
10 | 14